Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Get it

After a long drought, I have begun listening to a great deal of music lately. But I am finding that the old stuff that I have worn out, is really worn out. Time for something new, or at least new to me. I realize that it is so important to always be listening to something new that you've never heard. Just as Leonard Jones always talks about practice being the place to try to play things you've never played before. How can we grow and be fresh if we are not listening to something fresh? In our walk, if we are not getting some fresh revelation, we begin to get stagnant. It is the same in music. Go find something new to listen to. Even if it is not what you'd normally listen to.

Lately I've been listening to John Mark McMillan's latest album The Medicine. I might say this again before the year is out, but right now I mean this earnestly..if you buy one album this year it should be The Medicine. Fresh, creative, full of worship, well produced, and more. Just like if you see one movie this year it should be Star Trek, for music it should be John Mark.

Here is some other music I've been listening to recently: Keith Green (old school but no compromise Christian contemporary), Josh Baldwin (good album with one of the best worship songs ever 'Open"), Aerosmith (a little, for the rocker in me), and about to purchase the latest U2 album very soon.

What are you listening to?

No comments:

Post a Comment